1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nic card installed putter wont accept

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Denise Lambe, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Denise Lambe

Denise Lambe Thread Starter

:eek: I installed nic card I want to from dial up to dsl installed card now putter wont accept don't have the cd to install it because it was taken out of a broken putter and put in mine dsl lite is on the box and the green lite is ontne Ethernet port but wont accept it ran wizard and still no luck dont have the make of the Ethernet port , any other suggestions before i go but another Ethernet port don't really want to if i dont have too so if anyone out there can help me please let me know email me at [email protected] oh yes i have dell and run windows op

2. Rockn

Rockn

You will need the drivers for the card so you will need to know the manufacturer as well as the model number it's kind of a moot point if you know neither of these variables your ISP should have supplied a NIC along with the DSL modem unless that particular modem uses a USB port there are also different versions of windows which might help somone else help you so please be specific

3. Denise Lambe

I have dell and it did not come with ethernet port on the back of my system, my daughter had one we installed it and my computer wont accept it no my dsl provider didnt give me the ethernet port for the back of the computer we installed one and now I think imstuck and have to go buy onr and we dont have the cd to install and went to wizard to help me manually installed but cant

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You could do a google search for AIDA32EE and install that program. It will tell you what Nic you have. It will be listed as a LAN. Then once you have that info you can go to the Manufacturers site and download the proper drivers,

5. Denise Lambe

this is the problem dont know the manufactor

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Aida 32 will probably give you the manufacturers name and model number. If not it will give youthe Nic chipset manufacture and they would have the drivers.

7. Denise Lambe

went to that site its now closed

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice