NIC keeps disappearing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SirKenin

Banned
I have a P4P800-E Deluxe mainboard with a Marvel NIC on it. For some reason the NIC keeps disappearing on me and I have to shut the computer down and restart it to find it again. I am also having the same problem with two USB devices on a hub, they disappear too.

Anybody have a similar problem, seen a similar problem, or know why this is occuring?

Windows XP SP2.

id look to update your chipset drivers to maybe fix it. Or maybe a bios update.

SirKenin

Banned
I have flashed my BIOS to the latest stable revision, but I still have the problems :(

I'm not sure if this would help at all, SirKenin, but have you opened the Device Manager and had a look-see in there to see if anything is going on with your NIC or USB devices?

SirKenin

Banned
I did put in a 3com NIC, and it works perfectly if you can believe it, but that bothers me. I want my proper NIC to work.

8dale: When I check the device manager, the device has disappeared altogether. :( However, as long as the NIC is working fine, it shows up in the device manager as being fine and not having any problems. It's really wierd.

Hmm... So when it is working, it appears there; but when it is not working, it disappears from the device manager altogether? :eek:

You're right- that is weird.

SK, Is this a Yukon onboard nic? Marvel had a driver awhile back for my nic that just plain sucked. I had to do a reinstall of the old driver to get the thing straight.

It has since been fixed but it sucked for awhile.

SirKenin

Banned
Yes, it is a Marvel Yukon and I did install the latest driver. I will roll back to the old driver and see if that helps. Thanks for the heads up. (y)

Yeah, I hope it works out for you also. I was about to drop 10-15 hard to get bucks for a nic. Turned out I didn't have to.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online