1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nic Wont Receive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arnth01, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arnth01

arnth01 Thread Starter

NIC that came pre-installed on desktop running XP is connected to a router and was operating successfully. Router is connected to a cable internet connection. Now all of a sudden the NIC will send out packets but will not receive them. Installed a new NIC, but have same the problem.

(Have recently experienced many power hits that have blown out the NICs on two different laptops connected to this same router. Replacing the NICs solved the problem for these laptops).

Any ideas what the problem is for the desktop ??????

2. mobo

mobo

Try moving the nic to a different slot....

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try a different port on the Router - try another cable - try another router.

4. Deznuts

Deznuts

I know this might seem dumb, but if your computer filled with crapware like kazaa etc.. I've seen a lot of computers come into my shop that are loaded with crap on them so I run adaware and LSP fix or winsock fix and then the IP stack is fixed. Most of the time its software related issues like that that will cause the nic to stop working, even though the hardware is completely operational. Give it a try.

5. arnth01

arnth01 Thread Starter

Thank you for your replies......
    I had tried another port and cable and those tasks didn't work.

Mr. Deznuts reply was interesting. There was a lot of crap software that came with this PC when my wife bought it. There have been a lot of software related problems with it. If I can convince her that reformatting is the answer I might finally get her PC to work and then she can STOP USING MINE !!!!!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice