Nic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Need2FixIt

PIII 500mhz
512mb RAM
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
ISA Server 2000

After a clean install of Windows 2000 Advanced Server I cannot assign
any
"Private" IPs to any NICs on the server. I have tried any and all
configurations, I have one NIC setup to access the Internet via a
"Public"
IP, when I try to bind a "Private" IP (192.168.x.x, 172.16.x.x,
10.10.x.x)
to the second NIC I get a message that the IP is already in use on the
network and the adapter will be disabled. I have removed any extraneous
service and Network protocols except for TCP\IP & NetBeui. I have a
Windows
NT 4.0 Server that I could manually assign a "Private" IP with no
issues, to
verify that it was NOT in use. The only problem is that ISA Server will
not
run on Windows NT 4.0. Any and all input would be GREATLY appreciated

from the machine that gives the message first try to ping the address you are wanting to assign. do you get a response?

I am thinking the isp is giving you a connection on their private network and then using a proxy to get you to the internet. if this is the case what you need to do is either add a router on your site, or a proxyserver. www.spoonproxy.com has a free one that works well for up to 5 simultaneous connections.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online