1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nick the python

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gfxrelay, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gfxrelay

gfxrelay Thread Starter

Hi
    i was wondering if any one can tell me what the difference is between c++ and python and wich one you would recogmend to a complete newbie to programming also how does one compile a python source code i tried to look at pythons site but cant make sense of the code i am utterly confused

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you're just wanting to write applications, it would seem clear to me that C++ would be the choice.

3. gfxrelay

gfxrelay Thread Starter

hola thnx man decided after a few web searches to go with pascal just to start learning programming and then move onto c++ :D

4. JohnWill

Pascal is a dying (some would say dead) language, I would not recommend starting there. Why unlearn things so you can learn then learn a programming language that's actually still in common use?

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

They don't even teach Pascal as a starting language anymore in most colleges. I would start with Python if you ask me then move to c++. Depends on how well you pick things up.

6. gfxrelay

gfxrelay Thread Starter

i wanted to start with python but was not certain how to compile it.I searched for py2exe but ended up confussted and pyhtons home page didnt clear things up eighter.Though it is said that pascal is faster then c++.Im actually looking for a language wich is easy to learn but from wich you can easily go to C++

7. JohnWill

I can't imagine any serious statment that Pascal is "faster" than C++. In point of fact, the "speed" of any language is highly dependent on the quality of the compiler and the code generation. I wouldn't pick a language based on someone's assessment of it's "speed". :)

8. gfxrelay

gfxrelay Thread Starter

I see but would anuone recogmend python as a beginners language?Also does pascal still have any relevant use?

9. JohnWill

IMO, Pascal is basically dead, so I sure wouldn't pick it. I don't know that python is that useful as a general purpose computer language. I know that if you want to get a job as a programmer, it's hard to beat C/C++ skills when you go for the interview. :)

10. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

If you want to get a job with Google then learning Python would be a good idea. But C++ is the more common language used today. Microsoft is pushing C# on everyone.

11. gfxrelay

gfxrelay Thread Starter

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!