1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nintendo Wii and keyboards...

Discussion in 'Games' started by namenotfound, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. namenotfound

namenotfound Thread Starter

Since the remotes on the Wii connect via Bluetooth, I was wondering if I could use the Bluetooth Apple keyboard? I know it works with USB keyboards, but could I also use the Apple bluetooth keyboard with it?

2. namenotfound

I'm guessing no one on this site owns both a Wii and an apple bluetooth keyboard to test it?

3. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700

I thought that you had to use the special nintendo keyboard with the wii.
    James

4. namenotfound

You can use ANY USB keyboard.

Plus, Nintendo doesn't have their own keyboard (yet), so logically you can use any :D

5. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700

Meh, I know somebody crazy about the wii. His keyboard doesn't work so we both assumed you needed the special nintendo one.

6. Simulated

Simulated

There is a keyboard that is specifically designed for the Wii. We have one, it says power tech on it. Not sure if it's a Nintendo brand since it doesn't say on the keyboard. Sadly it was a $50 keyboard. My husband should have saved the money and bought a computer usb keyboard. but he wanted a wireless one. Oh and we bought that keyboard shortly after Christmas

7. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700

Id probably say that a normal computer one would not work. lol

8. alwrmc

alwrmc

I have a USB/Wireless keyboard that came with an HP computer. I plug the USB gadget into the Wii and use it that way. However, since I rarely need to input anything requiring a keyboard it is really more trouble than simply using the non keyboard method. If you need/use keyboard entry a lot, just buy a really inexpensive model.

9. namenotfound

Then you'd be wrong. Every USB keyboard I tried works :p
    Your friend must be using a very old firmware if his USB keyboard doesn't work. Tell him to upgrade the Wii software. :rolleyes:

10. billy37

billy37

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

11. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700

Well, if every USB keyboard is supported, and there is a way of plugging a normal Apple keyboard bluetooth in via USB, the it should work. Maybe a bluetooth dongle or something?
    James

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/828754