1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NIS 2005 M/S outlook error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Granny85653, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granny85653

Granny85653 Thread Starter

Since installing Norton Internet Security 2005 I get the following error message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." The only option is to click OK or the X to close the box. I am running Outlook Express and don't want Outlook. I have been told there is a conflict between NIS and MS Outlook that causes this. There is supposedly a fix at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/247931.htm but I don't have the same info in my regedit. i.e. I don't have "PreFirstRun". I am running Win2K with I.E 6 and NIS 2005. Symantec acknowledges the problem but their cures (the site listed above) don't seem to work and I get no further info from them. Anyone else help me? I am sick of the error message.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice