1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nisis G3 easypen tablet help required please...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by marcan, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcan

marcan Thread Starter

OS = Windows Vista

Hi there everyone.

I recently aquired a Nisis G3 easypen graphics card. Plug and Play on vista is fine. However i cannot seem to adjust settings for the nib (ie 2 taps = right click) on vista. I can do this with the supplied drivers but they do not want to install correctly.

Having never used a tablet in the past i was wandering if anyone knows if the pen should start drawing/ selectingas soon as it touches the tablet without a left/right click. ie when i select pen/brush tool in paint program the pen draws straight away rather than use a left click) or on a page with text as soon as i thouch the screen it starts to hightlight the text. I though it should have been the opposite( clicking button when ready to proceed.

Hope this is making sense.

I do not have the manuals for this pen and www.nisis.com does not exist for downloading manual.

Any comments on this are appreciated.

regards

Marcan

2. Bel

Bel

I hope this may help if you have not already solved the problem. I have some instructions for the Nisis graphics tablet.

Tracking Modes - You can change the Tracking Mode, although it is recommended that you leave these settings in their default settings which are Pen (Absolute) and Mouse (Relative).
    Absolute Tracking Mode means that you regard the active area of the graphics tablet as a map of your computer screen. If you place the pen nib in the top left corner of the active area on the tablet, then the cursor will move to the top left corner of the screen. Similarly, if you place the pen nib on the bottom right of the active area of the tablet, then the cursor will move to the bottom right corner of the screen.
    Relative tracking is what you are familiar with when you use a conventional mouse. This means that if you lower your mouse onto the active area of the tablet, what ever the position of the mouse, the cursor will remain where it was originally. The cursor onlly moves when you start to move the mouse. So for example, if the cursor is positioned in the top left corner of the screen, and you place the mouse in the bottom left of the screen, the cursor will not move, but will remain in the top left corner of the screen. It is only when you begin to move the mouse that the cursor starts to move in the same directionyou are moving the mouse.
    My aplologies if I have misunderstood the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice