1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Nitro Primo pdf converter

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Chubbly, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chubbly

Chubbly Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    I have been using Primo Pdf to convert my files for many many years without any problems at all. However I have just encountered a problem and really don't know where to start, apart from the obvious.
    Using excel 2007 running win 10 and Primo version 5.1.0.2
    My file contains five sheets so Primo needs to handle them separately. After Primo converts the first sheet and then prompts me to create another I locate the file and select append then I get this error message
    Conversion to PDF failed:The process cannot access the file, because it is being used by another process.
    I have no other programs running, to my knowledge, apart from excel and Primo.

I have tried:-
    Taking the file out of the directory and placing it on the desktop and only starting it from there not windows explorer and making sure it is not read only
    Clearing all caches
    Running ccleaner
    Deleting the last three pages of the document and only trying to convert two
    Rebooting the machine
    Running Primo in both streamlined and unstreamlined modes
    Uninstalling Primo
    Clearing the registry of all traces of Nitro and Primo
    Reinstalling Primo
    Still the problem persists

Here is my system info:-
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8144 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (352 GB Free); E: 931 GB (471 GB Free); F: 0 GB (0 GB Free); Z: 931 GB (133 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8H77-M
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

In desperation I tried using the built in Windows Pdf converter but this doesn't seem to handle multiple pages.

Any help would be really appreciated as I need to get this working properly.

2. draceplace

draceplace

I would be tempted to bust the sheets out in separate workbooks to get the process complete. Have you used Primo with Excel on multiple sheets within workbook before?

3. Chubbly

Chubbly Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    Thank you, that was what I did recently, it's okay for a few sheets but one report I do has 25 sheets; not practical.
    This has always worked very well in the past with absolutely no problem.

4. Chubbly

Chubbly Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    Eureka. Solved it!
    I had the post Process selected to open Pdf. Changed this to Do nothing and it works fine now.

5. draceplace

draceplace

Great your own diligence paid off.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice