1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NMI:Parity check/memory parity error : Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 4joey1, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4joey1

4joey1 Thread Starter

Hallo!I own a Dell Inspiron 6400 notebook computer.In the last 1 month,my system occasionally hangs when I log into my Windows XP OS and a blue screen appears showing the following text below
    Hardware malfunction

Call your hardware vendor for support

NMI:parity check/memory parity error

****The system has halted****

I am thus forced to re-boot my system.My initial thought was that my RAM has a problem.I installed and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic software but the software found no hardware errors in my RAM.I have also re-installed my XP twice and I still have the same error.

How do I solve this problem?Please respond to my query as soon as possible and I shall be infinitely grateful.Thanks in advance. My laptop specifications are as below.

1.73 GHz Intel Pentium Duo Core
    1 GB RAM
    120 GB Hard Disk Drive
    Windows XP Proffessional.

2. Dan O

Dan O

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/811557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice