1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tamerz, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tamerz

Tamerz Thread Starter

A lot of our PC's at work here have been getting this problem. It is NOT a hardware problem. If you reimage the machine it works fine again. It appears to only happen when people are installing or uninstalling something. Doing a windows repair doesn't fix the problem, only a clean re-install does. Was hoping somebody had an idea what a fix to the problem might be. Thanks in advance.

Code:
    Hardware Malfunction
    Call your Hardware Vendor for Support
    NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error
    * ** The system has halted ***

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. Tamerz

Tamerz Thread Starter

Yes, I found that link and none of the info listed there fits. Most problems they had were with wireless cards which none of these PC's have. I googled the hell out of this problem and couldn't find anything useful. Thanks for the response though.

4. ~Candy~

I guess I'd try to see if they have any hardware in common and start disconnecting and/or disabling....even though you said it wasn't a hardware problem ;)

5. Tamerz

Tamerz Thread Starter

Yea they are actually all the exact same PC. I just don't see how it can be a hardware problem when a reinstall of windows does the trick every time. The only thing added is a video card, and even with that pulled the error comes up until Windows is reinstalled.

6. ~Candy~

Have you tried different ram? Replacing the cmos batteries? The cpus aren't overclocked, correct?

7. Tamerz

Tamerz Thread Starter

Tried the different RAM, the computers are all very new so CMOS battery is not a problem, and none are overclocked. These are just off the shelf HP dc7100 PC's.

8. ~Candy~

I would imagine you ragged on HP customer service then?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/382144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice