1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NMindexing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DR J, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DR J

DR J Thread Starter

What is NM indexing service? I was supposedly burning a CD of an .exe file so I could save it as a hard copy. It was taking a long time & I finally looked at the log of processes running and the hard drive was running at 98% with the NM indexing using all of it. I finally decided to end the process. I'd never seen this before. Is it a problem? my computer is 80gig hard drive, 1 gig RAM, running Window XP pro

Dr J

2. seahawk83

seahawk83

nmindexing is related to Nero software, could possibly the disc you were using was damaged and nero could no longer write to the cd

3. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

4. DR J

DR J Thread Starter

that's possible...I was burning a CD today and the process hung at a point where I could not proceed so I tried to delete Nero 7, but it wouldn't allow me to do that so I downloaded a clean patch from Nero to specifically delete Nero 7. Then I downloaded Nero 8 and burned the CD successfully, but it was a time consuming process. If the NM indexing is related to Nero am I having another issue with Nero?

5. DR J

DR J Thread Starter

thanks, Phil. I'm going to disable Nero Scout. I never really liked it anyway. I've got better photo manager programs anyway. I 'm gettin' excited now!

6. seahawk83

seahawk83

if you used the nero remover then installed the 8, you shouldn't have a problem
    some people do feel nero 8 is not the most stable version of nero, nero 7 is suggested in many forums
    But that is all up to user preference though
    i personally use nero 7 for burning files to discs and never had a problem, at least not yet
    and for iso files, I use power iso to burn
    One thing I did notic, after using nero, nmindexing stays as a running process, so I just end the process when I'm done burning
    I would use nero and see how things go, and go from there

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681067