no 1394 on mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

replay

mobo has no firewire connections ...am trying to hookup the front of case firewire to maybe a card.....so the card would have to have the tiny 9 pin connection, the cards i have found have the "D" slot....thx

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Your ASUS A7N8x-E Deluxe should have two Firewire connectors on the mainboard.

replay

Triple6 said:
Your ASUS A7N8x-E Deluxe should have two Firewire connectors on the mainboard.
its for a new build..........asus a8n5x........alex, i want to just connect the front of the case firewire to a pci card?????? but using the mobo 1394 connection

replay

SacsTC said:
The link I gave has an 8 pin firewire connection.

this is a 10 pin with 1 blocked out....think that matters????....thx

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Do you have the motherboard yet? If not I would move up to the ASUS A8N-E, its $10 U.S. more but it has Firewire ports on the board - thats cheaper then buying an add-in card.

The '9th pin' shield wire doesn't have to be connected and there's always the one pin thats blocked out.

replay

Triple6 said:
Do you have the motherboard yet? If not I would move up to the ASUS A8N-E, its $10 U.S. more but it has Firewire ports on the board - thats cheaper then buying an add-in card.

The '9th pin' shield wire doesn't have to be connected and there's always the one pin thats blocked out.

triple...what is the major diff' between the two boards? nforce ultra? i see u chose a8ne .... thx

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
You're right, it doesn't have Firewire. I swore it did, which is a shame as my case does have firewire, although I've never used it and have it disconnected. The A8N-E adds Serial ATA 3.0GB/s in place of the Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s ports on the A8N5X (and I thought it had Firewire).

replay

Triple6 said:
You're right, it doesn't have Firewire. I swore it did, which is a shame as my case does have firewire, although I've never used it and have it disconnected. The A8N-E adds Serial ATA 3.0GB/s in place of the Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s ports on the A8N5X (and I thought it had Firewire).

thx.........

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online