1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No 80 conductor cable inst. Message

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JHR, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JHR

JHR Thread Starter

Since adding an additional HDD I have moved my burner and rom to the seconday IDE. Since then I get this message on start up. "Secondary IDE Channel no 80 conductor cable installed". Which after a search here would be ok if nothing was hooked up to the secondary IDE but my cd drives are and they seem to be working ok -a little slow. Any ideas. I also tried to add another ram stick but got alot of errors and removed it - if it means anything. Thnks for the help and this site is GREAT:D

2. brianF

brianF

Never heard of that message before but what it is referring to is.

80 conductor cables are used for udma 4 and 5 drives. Ata66 and ata100 need the special cable to work. Cdrom's and burners do not. they can use a standard 40 wire cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice