No 80 conductor cable inst. Message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JHR

Since adding an additional HDD I have moved my burner and rom to the seconday IDE. Since then I get this message on start up. "Secondary IDE Channel no 80 conductor cable installed". Which after a search here would be ok if nothing was hooked up to the secondary IDE but my cd drives are and they seem to be working ok -a little slow. Any ideas. I also tried to add another ram stick but got alot of errors and removed it - if it means anything. Thnks for the help and this site is GREAT:D

Never heard of that message before but what it is referring to is.

80 conductor cables are used for udma 4 and 5 drives. Ata66 and ata100 need the special cable to work. Cdrom's and burners do not. they can use a standard 40 wire cable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts