1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No acces to internal HDD after BSOD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fubbe, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fubbe

Fubbe Thread Starter

Hi.
    I have had BSODs once a week the last couple of months. I've simply just reboot my PC and went back to working again. However today, something different happened. I had BSOD, then i rebooted my PC and then i cant see my secondary HDD. I have a SSD 110gb harddrive where windows 64bit is installed. Then i have another internal HDD 600gb harddrive where i keep all my storage (pictures, games, movies etc.)

I tried to: Right click on computer --> Manage --> Harddisks --> in order to acces the 600gb HDD.. but i cant see it anywhere.
    I literally have NO idea, whats going on. I would love a good answer, please help me, im getting desperate.

Computer specs:
    12gb ram
    Intel core i7
    1x 110gb SSD, 1x 600gb HDD
    Nvidia GTX 660m

Regards

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Does the 2nd drive show in the BIOS? When you start up you typically need to press Del or a F key to enter the BIOS setup utility. In there, it should list what drives are attached, have a look and see if both drives are listed.

Its a possibility that the drive itself has failed and that the BSOD you have been having were a result of that happening. BSODs generally happen for a reason and shouldn't be ignored, certainly not if it is happening regularly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice