1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No access once file is dragged & dropped

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by XxMattxX, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxMattxX

XxMattxX Thread Starter

Ok, here's the issue:

I have hundreds of folders under "my documents", since it's the fastest place to access things. I have had problems in the past till now when I have created a file (of whatever) and needed to switch it to a new folder. So I open two windows & drag the existing file to its new location. Let's say the file is a FLASH MX creation (.fla). Once the file is "drug" to its new location, I double click it and it gives me an access error. If I go into FMX to open it directly, it says the file cannot open. The same is true with folders being opened in various programs. Once dragged to a new location, the folder becomes inaccessible. When trying to open a folder from a specific program, I get the same "accessibility error" i.e. "access is denied..." I have tried several things to no avail. PLEASE, if someone knows, help. I'm gonna go postal!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice