Hey, all. I recently (last night) went through a forced Windows 10 update. Even though I have that function set to ask me first. Good times. Anyways, I arrived this morning to find no access to the internet. This has happened once before, when first installing Windows 10. I restored Windows 7, then reinstalled Windows 10, and all was well. This time, even after rolling back to the last version? No internet. When I follow the recommended steps from every forum on the net, I hit a wall. I have:
- -updated my network driver, and then rolled it back. There was never any ! or ? marks on it to begin with.
- -tried to renew my DCHP, but all I get is the message no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation
- - This happens with ipconfig /release after netsh winsock reset catalog followed by netsh int ip reset reset.log
- When you hit ipconfig in CMD, it returns blank.
- I have tried making my ip static, and ensuring that it isn't.
- Windows has agreed to call me in 72 hours. That's a long time without internet, especially since TODAY IS MY DAY OFF (sigh).
- I really would appreciate any help. Thanks so much.