No audio after R&R of HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

foxbat5150

Need some advice!

Got an emachine 2484 for free and it ran for a few months. Had Windows XP 2000(home edition). Diagnostics showed the HD was failing and it died.

Installed a Maxtor 160 HD and installed Windows XP 2000 Professional vers. 2002.

In the process, I lost all Audio drivers and PC shows "no audio device", "no mixer device", etc.

Can anyone point me to a download to get the sound back?

Do I need to buy a soundcard or can I use the audio provided on the motherboard?

I'm lost!!

Thanks !

Joe in Miami :cool:

go to control panel and see if anything in your device manager is in yellow. it means that windows didn't load the drivers for it. if you can find out the emachine model you can most likely download the driver from them. good luck.

In fact, it's probably exactly as Conrad said, but ALL the drivers for the motherboard. Seems like you didn't install them, and if that is the case, not much will work correctly. As he said, go to the website, and you should be able to find drivers. If not, open the case, and see what the make/model of the mobo is (might still be emachines tho...lol), and go to THEIR website and get them.

Scorp.

foxbat5150

Checked devices as suggested and the only things in yellow are the USB controller and video controller.

When I click "volume control" , window says that no active mixer devices are installed

PC has been working great for 3 weeks! This is only problem!

Checked Emachine downloads for audio and came up empty!

Support shows tht model 2484 uses an Altec Audio 97 system on the motherboard.

Are my only options buying the recovery disc from emachine for $20 or installing a soundcard?

It's not the money! Could have bought card and resolved problem! The challenge is the "love" of troubleshooting! I'm an electrician on locos and railcars and T/S is a passion!

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Joe in Miami :cool:

I assumne yours is a T2484 machine (it's the only 2484 I could find on the site).

Go HERE, open the downloads + and d/l install all the necessary drivers. The see if it works (start with the Audio AC 97 one...lol).

Scorp.

If that doesn't help or if you want to find the latest drivers click HERE and if that doesn't help you than this will... click HERE

DEBUNKCIA :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!