1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Audio at all :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by itsaluvhatething, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. itsaluvhatething

itsaluvhatething Thread Starter

I shut down my comp one nite opened it the next and now my audio is completely gone. My computer can't detect it, says it doesnt exist and when i try and download an audio driver (i think thats what its called) it says i have no device to support it. I can see it under my services under the configuration utility (once again i think thats wut its called) but it says that status is stopped unlike everything else which has a status of running. When I lost my audio it changed the layout of my comp to what looks to be an old version of windows (dont know if thats a completely different problem) and the charger randomly stopped working. Don't know if this is all one big problem connected to each other or a couple that just happened to occur all at once. HELP!!! :(

2. pjhutch

pjhutch

What make/model of computer do you have?
    What is showing in Device Manager? Do any items have a yellow exclaimation mark next to it?
    The layout may be due to graphics drivers or a resolution change. See Display control panel to change it.

3. itsaluvhatething

itsaluvhatething Thread Starter

My comp is a Dell Inspiron 1505 there is no exclamation marks next to anything it just says that the status of my windows audio is stopped and almost everything else says its running.

4. pjhutch

pjhutch

Open Services.msc console and check that the 'Windows Audio' service is running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice