1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"no audio device" after reboot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stavstav2, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stavstav2

stavstav2 Thread Starter

got a new laptop gateway nv52L06u. installed xp sp2 on it. installed all the drivers which included the microsoft UAA hd audio bus drivers. installed the realtek hd audio driver. sound works.

now i am confronted with an incredibly maddening problem. every time i restart the computer, it seems the microsoft UAA driver does not load. I have no sound. under sound in control panel shows "no audio device". in device manager, realtek hd audio is gone.

when i reinstall the UAA driver, suddenly realtek hd audio shows up again in device manager and i have sound again.

i need it to load the driver on start. please advise. thanks for any help this is driving me nuts. and i consider myself pretty good with computers but i cant figure this out:mad:

2. C141

C141 Temporarily Banned

3. stavstav2

stavstav2 Thread Starter

yes i am aware of that

4. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    What CS141 is saying that xp isn't supported for your system, so it shouldn't work. Therefore, your problem is that you have xp.

Why did you remove windows 7 and install xp?

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Have you installed the SP3 upgrade for Windows XP SP2?

I know from experience that Realtek High Definition Audio works with Windows XP.
    Here is the most current driver(5.10.0.6662) for it.

----------------------------------------------------------

6. stavstav2

stavstav2 Thread Starter

i have now installed xp sp3. problem persists.

i am running that realtek driver.

when downloaded from gateway it includes a xp driver.

it does not matter which driver i install they all seem to work fine problem is it does not detect the "realtek hd audio" at all. which is my laptop sound.

once i disable then re-enable the UAA bus that it is on, it is detected and works. i have written a .bat file to load on startup for this function and it works.

however now i am having a new problem, when the laptop comes out of standby after about 15 seconds i get 20 seconds of static noise from the speakers and then no sound! checked in device manager and it says realtek hd audio is alive and working but its not...

i will install win7 tonight was hoping to avoid the hassle of doing that because i prefer xp we will see if the audio works... if not its going back to acer

its my opinion that everything will run faster on xp than on 7 but i may be wrong about that, i have not used 7 alot, but it seems nearly identical except that it uses alot more memory and probably cpu, and i have noticed that when you close things they stay running much like an android device, that irritates me. but my cousin who is a woman seems to like 7 alot. i really dont see any improvement at all in 7, or 8, 8 is terrible btw, its all just boatware made for the common idiot imo, and microsoft is a crap company since vista, just my opinion. these new OS's they release are not needed they just want to make money, its just like the film industry or any other industry they just have to keep coming out with stuff so they can make money. end of rant but you asked why, there it is. i know it has alot better driver support for newer computers obviously i am learning that the hard way. very soon i will be forced to use 7 most likely

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    When you buy a new laptop that's designed for and comes with Windows 7, and then you downgrade it to Windows XP, you may run into the problem of having one or more devices that don't work.

I notice that laptop has a built-in webcam. Does it work with Windows XP?

As much as you would like to stick with Windows XP(which is easier to use and navigate through than Windows 7), lack of support and computer progress is going to force you to use Windows 7.

----------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!