Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Audio Device - HP Pavilion Notebook

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  StumpedTechy 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for some help so I can stop going around in circles. My notebook has no sound. I have win xp and in the sounds and audio devices tab I get "No Audio Device". I ran msinfo32 and I can not find the sound hardware through any of the lists ie IRQ ect. Does any one have any suggestions? Is the integrated sound in the motherboard bad? I also have to mention that I did a complete reinstall so the drivers should be ok. Thanks.

#4 ·
Still missing some #'s

Go to this page - http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...h_query=Pavilion+ze5500&submit.x=2&submit.y=3

and pick your model it should be on the bottom of the PC with a BUNCH of numbers usually its a LONG line of numbers and letters and you use the first set of numbers for the PC type USually ending in US for United States release.

From there once you pick that you can then pick the OS and download the audio drivers.

If you think this is bios related go into your bios and there will be an audio portion and ensure its set to enabled. Really thats about all there is to the BIOS settings. If the sound was working before the reload htough your ONLY should need the drivers.

#6 ·
Since you still have not supplied me with a model number I can look at I really can't say. Usually in BIOS there is some small setting to turn audio on or off. Either that or some Utility that gets loaded after the OS that allows you to turn it off. Like I said I am doubting its that because when you load an OS you have to reload the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.