1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Audio Device on System How to Install Audio Device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jackiebrown, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackiebrown

jackiebrown Thread Starter

After installing Window XP Home my system lost it's audio device. I check Controls+Sounds and Audio Devices=No Audio Device. How can I install an audio device.

2. valis

valis Moderator

reinstall the drivers for the motherboard.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Since this is really a hardware question, I'm going to move this to the hardware forums.

4. jackiebrown

AcaCandy - Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Valis - I would reinstall from the OS Disk, correct?

5. valis

valis Moderator

if you have it, yes. If not, you can d/l an app called everest from majorgeeks.com (be sure to get the free version) that will tell you what type of motherboard you have; you can then go to the mfg's website and d/l the latest drivers for your mobo.

6. jackiebrown

Everest is just what I needed. I found all the info (I'm sure you know that), I had to contact support, the motherboard is a 2000 model and I think the audio device will have be forward via email, it's not on the web site. Anyhow, thank a lot for all your advice.

7. valis

valis Moderator

certainly. read that wrong the first time around, and thought they were SNAIL mailing you the driver. Sort of got me confused.

Any questions when it arrives, just post back. Glad you like Everest. No tech tool box should be without it. ;)

8. mariynM

mariynM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Okay, i really need help. I have no sound on my laptop.

And my cousin deleted some thing on my computer. Including the audio devices.

But i cant listen or do anything with sound. Like on one thing i try to listen to music

on media player it tells me this...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly."

Any idea, what i can do?? But i dont want to have to buy anything.
    Or is it a MUST.

Reply !

-Jacob

9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try a system restore point.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486609