Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"No Audio Device" problem

915 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bigbear 
#1 ·
For the last week or so my computer's sound has been acting very strangely. Around every 30 minutes or so the sound would dramatically decrease in sound quality and become very distorted and reduce in volume until it was practically inaudible within 10 seconds and the ordeal would last for 30 minutes to upwards of 6 hours. Restarting or replugging the sound device did not seem to do the job unfortunately.

However, today my computers sound has completely evaporated. No sound at all. I went to the control panel and sounds and audio devices and "no audio device" is detected and numerous boxes have become grayed.

In the device manager under sound, video and game controllers theres the following sub menus

audio codecs
legacy audio drivers
legacy video capture devices
media control devices
video codecs

for all of them it says the device seems to be working properly I cannot find a folder specifically called "sound". I downloaded the everest program and went under Multimedia to find 2 sub menus called "windows audio" and "PCI/PNP audio"
however when I left click on them I get a completely grey page with no information.

I have not installed/uninstalled any new programs for the last 1 week or changed hardware for that matter so its kinda strange that the sound has behaving in this way to be honest. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated Im running on windows xp service pack 2 and Im not sure what my sound card device or whatever is.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.