1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no audio device

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RabidDesert, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RabidDesert

RabidDesert Thread Starter

My speakers are plugged in and no matter what I've done it keeps saying that there in no audio device. Can someone please post some possible fixes for this.

2. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

You will need to go into the computer management (device manager) and verify that your audio device is there and the drivers are working.

[​IMG]

Make sure your device does not have question marks as this would indicate that the device is not working any longer and needs the driver. I hope this information helps.

3. RabidDesert

There is an exclamation icon by my multimedia audio controller. In device manager my audio device is not found, but it is showing up in sounds and audio devices properties. I have no idea what to do.

4. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

If there is an exclamation, you can right click on the icon that has that exclamation and go to properties. This will show you the exact message with the problem details for that device. It is either not enabled, or missing the driver. I hope this information helps.

5. RabidDesert

This is the message it gives me
    The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
    I tried to reinstall it but then it says "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

6. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

So now you need to re-install the driver, or have a tech or an automated program do it for you. Driver magician may work.

7. RabidDesert

it wont let me reinstall it

8. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

did you try the program I gave you? Driver magician?

9. RabidDesert

it didnt work

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice