No audio device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BumontheRun

I was getting help from microsoft about a game lagging and they looked at my system info and said i need to update my video and sound card. I updated my video card and when i rebooted it said there was no audio device and no sound works. I rolled back the driver and it still doesn't work. The only other thing i did was intalled a audio codec- ac3 digital.

In the device manager, under sounds, it says all devices are working.

What do i do now?

I would try uninstalling all of the audio drivers, rebooting, and reinstalling them. I would try reinstalling the drivers from the original cd, then updating them. At least then you could make another rollback point that you know works.

BumontheRun

i hope windows has all the drivers because the cd that came with the comp is for formating... let me try now

BumontheRun

Ok i removed one and it reinstalled but it still doesn't work. I am going to try and do a system restore and see if it fixes it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online