1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no audio disc play

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tickbean, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tickbean

tickbean Thread Starter

I have always been able to play audio discs from my cd rom until recently. When I insert an audio disc in the cd drive it now no longer auto runs? Any other program disc I insert in the same drive, bursts in to life and runs as normal. If I open the Windows cd player and select a track from the cd drive, the system indicates that the track is being played but no sound is heared. Could the fact that I have had a cd re- writer installed in my PC have anything to do with it? Thanks in advance for any help given. Tickbean

2. elsinaj

elsinaj

Did you reconnect the audio cable from the CD-ROM drive to the sound card?

When you use your CD-rewriter to play audio there should also be an audio cable to the sound card.

A.J.

3. tickbean

tickbean Thread Starter

Hi AJ, I did not alter the cable from the standard cd unit when the re- writer was installed also I did not attach any sound cable to the re- writer as I did not want to play back thro' the re- writer.

4. elsinaj

elsinaj

Double click on your speaker icon. Clear the mute setting from all channels and check the volume of every channel.

Do you hear music now?
    (I know, I'm probably stating the obvious).

A.J.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

There is a registry patch for this. You can download autorun.zip from the site below. Unzip and double click to merge.

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Music/9899/

Watch out for that X10 pop up tho :)

You may also need to remove and reinstall Audio Compression codecs through Add/Remove Programs>Windows Setup>Multimedia>Details.

6. tickbean

tickbean Thread Starter

Hi AJ, have tried but all are ok. As for stating the obvious don't worry. At my age and with my limited knowledge of PC's all help is very welcome ha ! ha !

7. tickbean

tickbean Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Rog, will look into that with a friend who hopefully knows a bit more than I do. Tickbean.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice