No Audio from CD drive through DIGI 002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jlsIII

I came here because Digidesign website douldn't help me.
I have a Spectral RM7000 computer, a hi-tech unit for use with Pro Tools music software and DIGI 002 (a mixer w/automated faders, connected to the Spectral by Firewire).

Although the Spectral came without a sound card, it records and plays audio through an ASIO driver in the DIGI 002 (mixer). I am supposed to be able to use the "Wave Driver" to listen to audio in my RW/CD/DVD drive, and I have configured Windows Media Player to do just that. But I can't get Quicktime to use the wave driver.

My problem comes when I put my new instructional CD, a VIDEO TUTORIAL, into the drive and find that I can watch the video, but I can't get the audio. Supposedly, Quicktime Player takes care of that, but I am having no success at all getting the audio to play.

I have checked Quicktime preferences and they look as if they are right. Also, I ran a program called DigiMMEHelp, which helps configure the setup so the Quicktime player uses the wave driver for playback of audio.

But nothing works. And since it is supposed to work that way, I really want to solve this puzzle and get it set up correctly, instead of giving up, deciding I will never be able to figure it out, and buying a sound card just to watch a video. Heck!

If anybody has any computer suggestions, I will really appreciate it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online