1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Audio from my nForce4 Ultra motherboard (ECS KN1 Extreme)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nomaan, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomaan

nomaan Thread Starter

I've just installed Wiin MCE (media centre) edition. I loaded up the latest realtek audio drivers. It detects everything. Plugged in my headphones in the green jack, it auto sensed it.
    Played mp3s and heard nothing. Ran a speaker setup test that came with the realtek, and again, silence. Looked at the volume controls, and its all good.

I also attached a front panel audio to the motherboard, and that has no sound as well.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on? I need sound :confused:

2. Binary_Wolf

Binary_Wolf

Hiyas

Try going into Control Panel, then open up Sound and Audio Devices. Select the Devices tab, if no Audio devices are selcted then the drivers are not installed correctly and that'll be why you have no sound. I'm not too familiar with Media Centre, so i hope it's still the same for you.

Regards
    BW

3. nomaan

nomaan Thread Starter

Hey..

I've tried that. Everything is where it should be. Only there is no sound. I have the correct drivers installed, there is no unknown device in 'device manager', default device show realtek AC97 Audio, which is what it should show.

The install of the OS was problematic, and after the install, there were a couple of services that weren't running. I'm gonna reformat it, and try again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice