No audio, no drivers work, doesn't detect sound card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VladV

Hello,

I'm pretty much lost here. A while ago I reinstalled windows XP on my parents' PC. On my next visit they told me there is no sound. I checked to see through dxdiag that it does not detect any sound card. So I thought I perhaps forgot the sound drivers.

It has integrated audio chipset and I didn't know exactly which audio drivers to install. Tried a bunch, some didn't even install and others installed, but no sound still.

Then I uninstalled audio drivers and just tried to do a windows update. That redirected me to a bunch of sound drivers, tried the newest one - same, no sound still. And dxdiag still says that there is no sound card.

After a while I found the driver CD for the motherboard. Installed the sound drivers from there and STILL no sound.

So I'm pretty much stumped. Maybe the the hardware is failing? The motherboard is relatively new (about a year old). Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Vlad

VladV

AD77 Infinity. Is that it?

EDIT: Sorry, found it: VIA® VT8377 and VT8235CD (found it in user's manual)

Also if this helps:

Onboard Audio Features
• AC’97 2.2 S/PDIF extension compliant codec
• Supports Microsoft® DirectSound/DirectSound 3D
• AC’97 supported with full duplex, independent sample rate
conver ter for audio recording and playback
• 6-channel audio output

On the Cd does it have Motherboard drivers......and I personally do not know that name

VladV

There is a VIA service pack which includes:
VIA PCI IDE Bus Drivers
AGP driver
VIA Inf driver 1.70

VladV

Just did. No luck. Dxdiag still says there is no sound card detected.

EDIT:

I have a hunch it has something to do with this:

VladV

It seems it doesn't even detect any sound devices, but see for yourself, attached a report.

Attachments

VladV

7A11102301. is that it? It was on a sticker with a bar code.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online