1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No audio on burned cd

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Budrazor, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Budrazor

Budrazor Thread Starter

I recently converted a mp4 file i got from a sd card to a mp3 using My MP4 to Mp3 Converter from the windows app store. I burned it to a disk. Windows media player does not play it and my car cd player can read it but no audio. Maybe I did something wrong in process. If I did can I get a process to fix issue, or get a step by step to do from beginning.

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

MP4 is a video and audio container and MP3 is audio only. You can convert MP4 to MP3 with something that will extract the audio and leave the video behind. I would suggest Audacity which is free and you can drag and drop the MP4 file onto it and then save the file as MP3. But, with Audacity you have to also download the lame encoder for it to do MP3 which you would find a link for Audacity on it's download page. You can also install lame separately but you then need to point to it within the Audacity options. There are instructions on the Audacity site for doing it either way. Remember, not all car CD players will play MP3 files. The most compatible file for any CD player would be CDDA which is a form of MPG audio and is likely to be a larger file than a compressed MP3 file but retains more fidelity.
    Check this page out:
    https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  4. Abbakidd

Abbakidd

Try vidtomp3 google it

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Ditto for Pazera. I've been using that for years to extract mp3 from mp4 files and play the music on my mp3 player and computer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice