No audio on Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cfs525

Hi, the sound on my computer mysteriously just died on me. It was fine literally a couple hours ago but now the sound won't work with any of my computer's programs, and when I try to play something with my music software it says "An error has occurred while playing back" and then "An error has occurred with this audio device". My audio is Realtek High Definition Audio, and I updated the drivers but that did nothing. My computer is an HP Compaq SR5010NX if that helps. I've already installed other drivers for it and that did nothing. Please help

look at your device manager,
1. click start
2. type "device manager" in the search bar
3. hit enter
4. look for any yellow exclamation marks or red x's

also, if you have a front headphone jack try pluging speakers or headphones into those and see if you get sound

cfs525

Nope, no problems in the device manager, front jack doesn't work, still get same error message. My sound is integrated, so I could always just buy a sound card, but I wouldn't have enough PCI slots because I already have a gfx card and a wireless card. I could just use one of those USB wireless things, but I definitely want to make sure my integrated sound is completely unusable before I do that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online