1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Audio Output Device Installed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Quinnie007, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinnie007

Quinnie007 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm running vista on my hp g6000 notebook & this past month I've been haunted with the dreaded red x over my volume with the "no audio output device is installed". Now when I say I've tried all the easy solutions I really mean it eg. device manager where neither my sound or modem where the Conexant & HD audio are supposed to be are there, recovery manager with the reinstall that says it is complete that does nothing, services where I have reset the windows audio & restarted to no avail. All the above so called solutions have given me the odd faint hope but only last for a minute maybe two before it would go again. I have un installed the audio drivers when I got it back for a minute & downloaded the drivers from hp's site to no avail also. I have a friend who would be more computer literate than me who tried & failed & he advised me to bite the bullet & restore the factory settings which I did, after a day of windows updates it came back & lasted for a day & gone again, right back where I started. I really need some help here cause it is affecting my college work not having the audio. Sorry for the long post but I'm in dire straights here. Any new ideas or help would be appreciated so much. Thanks for reading "if you did".:mad:

2. Red7204

Red7204

This is beginning to sound like a hardware problem with your integrated sound on your motherboard. Does you lab top have enough room for the vents to dissipate the heat, do you keep your lab top elevated if the vents don't get enough room to vent the heat. There are several heat monitoring programs that I recently found out about called Speed Fan, Real Temp ,and CPUcool. CPUcool being the easiest to use. Install a heat monitoring program. Try letting the computer sit for a while, install driver if it works, note the temperatures. If it stops working during use, note the temperatures if they have changed drastically.

If it is the integrated sound, a cheaper solution might be a sound card. I don't have much experience with lab tops, I don't know if there are PCI fans or cooler fans for lab tops or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice