Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"No audio output device" is driving me crazy.

727 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  tnnyoh 
#1 ·
So, I haven't used TSG in over four years and I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place or if I don't give enough information, If I am doing anything wrong. please let me know and I can try to do better! That being said, I am having extreme problems with my laptop.. I am no longer able to use sound, at first it started with just my headphones (USB headphones) I had them plugged in and the volume control claimed I had no audio devices when I tried to choose my headphones as what I wanted to hear sound through, My laptop speakers worked perfectly fine at this point.

I looked online, I did literally everything that every page suggests when you search for this specific problem, I restarted with the usb headphones plugged in, I tried updating drivers (No updates found), I uninstalled drivers and reinstalled drivers (after doing this, I lost the ability to even have working laptop speakers, They started coming back with the same messages that the headphones would give me. No audio devices) I have no restore points on my computer as restore was suggested to me (I had recently used a program for viruses/malware removal that unknown to me also removed my oldest restore points) I am at my wits end with this.. I own an ASUS N-series (Not sure of the specific numbers because it's extremely hard to find it on the laptop itself and for some reason the box that should state in huge letters what specific numbers, doesn't. So I'll find that information later on if needed) My headphones are USB Logitech Clearchat Headset, I have never had any problems with them before and they work connected to any other computer in the house.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I've tried everything!

See less See more
#4 ·
Download Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6680 for windows 7 64bit from here. select your OS (win 7 64bit from the drop down and then click on Audio)

OR

Download Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6809 for Windows 8 64-bit from here. select your OS (win 8 64bit from the drop down and then click on Audio)

#6 ·
Have you tried checking to see if there is a keyboard combination (usually Fn + Fx) (where x is one of the 12 F keys) and seeing if it is disabled?? Also check your BIOS and see if it is disabled in the BIOS as well.

#8 ·
has anything major be done to the computer in the past recently?? Like a major virus, or lending it to a friend, a OS reinstall?? I'm running out of ideas to try....im starting to think it may just be faulty..ill try and get one of my colleagues opinions

#9 ·
No, nothing has happened to this computer - it's the same as it was when I bought it and I had audio on it for over a year when suddenly sometime last week it just stopped working, I did mention that I had audio through the speakers before updating my drivers? The only problem I had was no audio through my headset, But after updating drivers I have no audio at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling/disabling/rollback of the drivers and nothing has brought my sound back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.