1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Audio Output Device is Installed - Acer Aspire

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by william.deacon, May 17, 2019 at 1:03 AM.

Advertisement
  1. william.deacon

william.deacon Thread Starter

First Name:
    William
    Hello, everyone.
    I own a Acer Aspire TimelineX.( At the bottom of this post I have included the SNID number) I upgraded the OS from Windows 7 Home Premium too Windows 10 Pro. I did a whole new install of Windows 10 (Not an upgrade from one OS to the other :D) But I have no audio. This happened also on Windows 7. When I hover my cursor over the speker icon it says, "No Audio Output Device is Installed" I have tried a number of things, I own Advanced System Repair Pro and have tried it, I also have tried uninstalling the driver then reinstalling it, and I have also let windows diagnose the problem, and it just says that there are no speakers or headphones plugged in.
    Any help would be received, I have no clue what to do. Please Help! And thanks for your time.

SNID: 11722479616

2. etech2019

etech2019

your onboard sound device needs to be checked there are possibilities of hardware failure.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Is the audio chipset listed in Device Manager? If so, what is the status?

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to that SNID number, you have an Acer Aspire 3830TG laptop which originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
    Because that laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, you wouldn't have been able to do an "upgrade" install to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, even you wanted to.
    You would've had to do an "upgrade" install to Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
    If you did a "clean" install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, as you say you did, how did you get it activated afterwards?

That model laptop appears to have a Conexant audio device.
    There's a downloadable Windows 7 64-bit driver available for it, but not for Windows 10 64-bit.
    Unless Windows 10 64-bit provided a generic driver for that audio device, you may be out of luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------

plodr likes this.
  6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Thanks for the link, Frank.

Since Acer only gives drivers for Windows 7 and 8, you won't be able to use the onboard audio.

The possible solution is to buy a USB connected external sound card.
    Here's one example
    https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Headphone-Microphone-Desktops/dp/B01N905VOY

This is not a recommendation, just a sample of what you might consider. Before I buy, I read reviews from more than just Amazon. I also read the questions.

7. replay

replay

If he upgrades from 7 (home??) to windows 10 (pro??)
    He can do a clean install of windows 10 after as the key would automatically load from Microsoft’s servers when he initially gets online

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice