1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Audio Output Device is installed - Gateway GM5632E - W 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dannypdgames, May 6, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Dannypdgames

Dannypdgames Thread Starter

I’m having this problem where it says No Output Audio Device is installed and it’s been like this for about 7 months. I’ve tried almost every thing I can find online. All my drivers are updated, I’ve tried running regedit to delete UpperFilters or LowerFilters and the options aren’t even there to deleted them so that didn’t work. I’ve tried re installing drivers from my computer manufacturers website, that didn’t work. I’m running out of options. I’ve tried everything but going to a forum and posting. My computer is a Gateway GM5632E and I’m running Windows 10, everything else works on my computer just fine and the sound did work on Windows 10 previously it just stopped out of no where. Help me please!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I assume this machine came with Windows Vista originally?

What do you see under Device Manager for sound or other devices?

3. Dannypdgames

Dannypdgames Thread Starter

Yes originally, before Windows 10 I had Windows 7. Almost everything in the PC is new (HDD, RAM, Battery, etc) the sound worked fine on Windows 7, when I upgraded to Windows 10 it worked fine as well for a while, then after a windows update in October, 2018 it seemed to stop working and now I can’t find a fix.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice