1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No audio output device is installed...what should i do?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kencyber, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kencyber

kencyber Thread Starter

HI ALL
    i juz bought my brand new Acer desktop a few weeks ago
    Acer Aspire M5200
    a few days i go i realised tht theres a little red cross beside the Sound icon, sayin no audio output device is installed
    i tried many solutions in the forum , but none would work out for me.
    actually im not sure what sound card im using, but the motherboard im using is named: Acer RS780HVF
    chipset: AMD 780G
    i hv
    ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV635 - High Definition Audio Controller
    ATI RS690 HDMI @ AMD RS780(M) Chipset - High Definition Audio Controller
    ATI RS690 HDMI @ ATI SB700 - High Definition Audio Controller

under multimedia in the EVEREST software.
    what should i do? i cant find the driver in the sites and there is not CDs along with the computer...please provide a solution :confused:

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. nao

nao

I'm so sorry, I know what it's like. I had that red X for over a week. Finally got my sound back thanks to the info at www.noaudiooutput.com. According to them there could be different causes to the same problem. They posted different solutions. Reinstalling the driver in Safe mode seems to work, if not then see what else they have to say.

4. cracker1500

cracker1500

I had the same problem for months. After dealing with the crappy microsoft help and not finding any answers in forums I finally found this sight that saved my sound :D

http://neosmart.net/blog/2006/vista-sound-drivers/

Hopefully it works for you too!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice