1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No audio output device is installed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Mikaela_, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mikaela_

Mikaela_ Thread Starter

Hello everyone!
    Three days ago I lost the audio on my laptop. I went to device manager and the driver (RealTek HD audio driver) was gone from the list. I reinstalled it but an exclamation mark appeared in front of it with a code 10 error message after installation and obviously no sound. I've tried updating the driver but the same message tells me that the version I have installed is the updated one. I removed it and went to my manufacturer's site to download a compatible driver (found RealTek AC'97_6305 audio driver) but Windows won't let me install it (it can't verify the software's signature or something). I've also tried system restore but no use. I've installed the original driver again using device manager/add legacy software, disable/enable...nothing. Also I get an exclamation mark and a code 10 error on other 2 drivers in network adapters: Microsoft ISATAP and Microsoft Tun Miniport. I've also tried a Microsoft Fix It tool to get the problem solved but to no avail. Also I've moved recently and left the recovery and instalation CDs behind.
    I'm at the end of my wits...please someone help me, I don't know that much about computers and I'm lost:(

Here's the information for my laptop:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 76757 MB, Free - 25398 MB; E: Total - 74367 MB, Free - 74264 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, EQUIUM U300, Not Applicable , 18040750W
    Antivirus: None

2. Mikaela_

Mikaela_ Thread Starter

Please guys, anyone know how to solve my problem?

3. Shaii

Shaii

4. Mikaela_

Mikaela_ Thread Starter

Thanks Shaii but that only works for HP and Compaq desktop computers, I have a Toshiba laptop, unfortunatly it does not apply to my problem. I appreciate you trying to help me though :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!