"No audio output device is installed"

Salyyn

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20200424082201.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Hard Drives: C: 1862 GB (37 GB Free);
Motherboard: Intel Corporation DQ77MK, ver AAG39642-500, s/n BTMK30300LR9
System: Intel Corp., ver BYTSPD - 3A
Antivirus: MalwareBytes, Enabled

First things first... Tech specs are listed above. After the most recent update to Windows, on the first of July, my audio suddenly decided to no longer detect anything usable. All well and good, I'll just uninstall the most recent update and that should fix it, right? Wrong. The problem still persisted. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my audio devices and drivers, reverted to previous restore points, (all of the ones that are actually available), and done a CCleaner registry fix... I'm a major audiophile when it comes to things like music and video game sounds, so this is pushing me to my wits end. I don't know what to do to actually fix this problem anymore. Someone please help ._.

Salyyn

So... that driver now at least gave me the proper RT audio manager, buuuut it still says I have no devices installed, which... I definitely do. They're in the device manager list, and they are also plugged into the computer as well. The TV that's used as a monitor definitely has audio playback, as it works on both it's TV settings and while plugged into my Switch's dock via the same HDMI that plugs into the PC. The headset that I use also works when I move it over to the Switch dock, as well as when it's put onto my laptop.

Audio services *are* both running, as well. Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder are both running as Automatic.

crjdriver

You need to understand that intel dropped all support for their motherboards last year ie no drivers, nothing. Windows 10 often removes support for obsolete hardware. If it did not, the ISO would grow exponentially.

Salyyn

Well, aside from the most recent windows update, everything else is the same. Uninstalling the update didn't fix what was wrong, though. So.... essentially I'm screwed on this, then?

crjdriver

You have a choice; either install a supported operating system like win7 OR you can install linux.
Note if you install win7, you would need the driver disk that came with the motherboard. Again there are no drivers available on the intel site for your board. If you install linux, then all of your hardware would be setup and you should not need any drivers. There are linux distros that are made for old hardware and if you go that route, that is what I would install.

You can attempt a clean install of win10 ie booting from an install usb, deleting all partitions on the drive, etc. There is no guarantee this will work however the only thing it costs you is time.

Another option would be to purchase a real sound card ie soundblaster, xonar, or whatever. This would give you sound in win10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online