1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"No audio output device is installed"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by justjim69, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justjim69

justjim69 Thread Starter

Recently purchased a Hp pavilion a6123w desktop pc with Vista(32), everything worked fine for the first few days but then for some unexplainable reason i lost audio. I tried to run the Hardware Diagnostic Tool but when I ran the audio test I recieved a warning message that states "Audio device has been disabled by user or otherwise not available" so I wasn't able to complete the test. I then and made sure that windows audio was started in "services" and it was already started. Ran Hp update...everything is fine, ran windows update......everything is fine, re-installed the original Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Widows Help & support Manual in Vista and yet still "no audio output device is installed" when I hover my cursor over the speaker icon by the clock and definately no audio from speakers. The speakers are btw plugged in and in the appropiate place. I even tried system restore and nothing.

I've poured through tons of messages on several different web sites and seen that many have sound issues with Vista but yet no applicable answers for my problem. I am at wits end and thinking about just downgrading and popping in my recovery disc for Windows XP that I had on a older pc into this one. Would that even be advisable?

Any advice would be GREAT! Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice