1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no audio output device is installed

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Bammmbammm, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bammmbammm

Bammmbammm Thread Starter

I have a Gateway MX6426 laptop. I upgraded, (new install), from W$ xp to W$ Vista. I mouse over the speaker icon, which has an X through it, it states, "no audio output device is installed". I'm certain that this is a driver issue. When I look in the device manager, I have no directory listing for "sound, video and game controllers". In listing labeled, "other devices", the Mass Storage Controller, and the Multimedia Audio Controller are listed with no driver, (a yellow exclamation point).
    I have looked for updated drivers, and found out about the missing sound folder while I was searching.
    Also, I went into regedit, on my desktop, and exported the sound files from there, (same OS), copied to thumb, installed on gateway, hoping to create the directory. NOPE
    I dont know what else to do, HELPMEPLEEZ.
    Thank you,
    Billy

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. Bammmbammm

Bammmbammm Thread Starter

You're talking about the bios drivers, right? Did that. I updated all the drivers.
    I found at RealTek.com, the codecs, which has installed the "sound, video and game controllers" folder back into the device manager. So now I have in 1) "sound, video and game controllers", >Realtek AC'97 audio< with failed install. 2) "other", >mass storage controller< with failed install.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice