1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Audio Output Device

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by venturion, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. venturion

venturion Thread Starter

I'm using a HP Compaq nc6400 and I've recently installed Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

Since installing it, I had a problem with my sound, which was as the title states, no audio output device. I've been through several drivers, none of which worked, and I've also tried sound max, which has in fact worked, however I can't stand the little sound bar when you up or down the volume, and it's fairly unresponsive when I use the buttons on my laptop. So in all fairness, I just want the actual driver designed to work with this laptop.

I do have a version of Windows 7 Home Premium, not too sure if it'd make much difference, however I'd rather not go through another OS install as I've got most of my stuff already set up on this now!

I am good with computers so don't be afraid to get technical, but I just need another angle on this because it's most likely just something I'm overlooking.

Thanks for any help,

Adam

2. Lance1

Lance1

Your machine according to the HP site has no support for Win7. Are you trying to install the Vista sound drivers? If you are, run the install in Compatibility Mode

3. venturion

venturion Thread Starter

Will the Vista sound drivers be compatible with Windows 7?

I'll give it a try when I get home.

4. Lance1

Lance1

I have seen Vista driver install in Win7 and run fine. Let us know how it goes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!