No audio output device

ebayguy

If that is the affected device you are trying to do then yes, that should work.
I did as it asked for method 2, I get to microsoft windows but after there is no deviceinstall settings item on tree. I see in the web article it says to name a new "KEY" but I am not sure how to do this

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, let's back up a little. Was the onboard audio disabled in BIOS before you tried installing the driver?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
same error, bios onboard cofig enabled
You didn't mention this error before. Can you take a screen capture of it and then post it on the thread?

To do that, click on the window with the error message and then hold down the Alt and Print Screen buttons together. Once you release them, open the built-in Paint program and then click the Paste button. Save the file and then post it here.

ebayguy

You didn't mention this error before. Can you take a screen capture of it and then post it on the thread?

To do that, click on the window with the error message and then hold down the Alt and Print Screen buttons together. Once you release them, open the built-in Paint program and then click the Paste button. Save the file and then post it here.
it is in this thread already, a time out error

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As noted, the key you'll be looking for is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Settings.

If you get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows and nothing is shown beyond that, right-click on Windows and then choose New, then Key. Where it states New Key #1, name this as DeviceInstall.

Right-click on DeviceInstall, choose New, then Key. Again, this will show as New Key #1, so name this Settings.

Follow the instructions again from #3 on the page I showed you to create the InstallTimeout value, close Regedit, and then reboot your PC.

Try installing the driver software again.

ebayguy

As noted, the key you'll be looking for is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Settings.

If you get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows and nothing is shown beyond that, right-click on Windows and then choose New, then Key. Where it states New Key #1, name this as DeviceInstall.

Right-click on DeviceInstall, choose New, then Key. Again, this will show as New Key #1, so name this Settings.

Follow the instructions again from #3 on the page I showed you to create the InstallTimeout value, close Regedit, and then reboot your PC.

I did this yest and wrote back that my tree only goes to windows, there is no deviceinstall or settings. It asks to rename a key, but I have no deviceinstall to click on?? I also asked if the zip file on that page that makes the default 1800 seconds is ok to download?

will an external usb sound card work with the audio device not installed thing?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I did this yest and wrote back that my tree only goes to windows, there is no deviceinstall or settings. It asks to rename a key, but I have no deviceinstall to click on?? I also asked if the zip file on that page that makes the default 1800 seconds is ok to download?

will an external usb sound card work with the audio device not installed thing?
That's why I took the time to explain how to add the missing keys and laid it out clearly.

ebayguy

That's why I took the time to explain how to add the missing keys and laid it out clearly.
You can use the zip file to make the registry change, the link on the page didn't work for me but you can download it with this link if needed :- http://users.compaqnet.be/cn074684/change_device_installation_timeout.zip
Just unzip it then run the .reg file (double-click it) and it will make the registry changes for you, I tested it and it is correct.
I ran the file and rebooted, then installed the package. It ran for 16 min this time rather than the 5 it did the times before so it must have changed the time, but, I got a different error this time, 5b3, 0x000005b3. I would also like to ask would a external usb sound card fix this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online