1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no audio output device

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ghettogirl0723, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ghettogirl0723

ghettogirl0723 Thread Starter

all of a sudden my computer is saying that i have no audio output device installed i really need help with this... what do i do? help me i want sound on my laptop again

2. joeten

joeten

hi you could try system restore to a date before the problem began or try looking in start control panel and in classic view device manager and check for any yellow ! anywhere in there but in particular sound and game controllers if you have any go to your comps mfr support website and download and install the latest drivers for you model and it may be worthwhile to do even if nothing seems out of order in device manager

3. Cliffmandude

Cliffmandude

I'm having the same problem. I have tried everything to fix but no go! I keeping getting the error message "No Audio Device installed. I'm pretty sure the audio card is on the mother board and if it has gone bad I'm not sure what to do other then buying a audio card and installing it. How can I determen if the audio device has gone bad?

4. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

If you have checked everything Joeten said and the computer is still in warranty contact the manufacturer. Most diagnostics for sound cards consist of, is there a sound device, are the drivers ok, do you hear sound.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/799728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice