1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no audio w. Messenger

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mezzerooni, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mezzerooni

mezzerooni Thread Starter

haven't been to TSG since april- that's a good thing, i guess.
    anyhow, i finally need help again- i recently bought a cheap webcam made by creative, that came with a mike, to use with my IM-ing (msn). but my firewall seems to be blocking the audio from working. i am using the free version of zonealarm. (OS is win2k). i made a couple of feeble attempts to lower my security settings, but am not comfortable with it, and the little i did do has not changed the audio issue.
    i'm hoping there is a simple, step-by-step way to modify my settings (or my firewall) to allow audio that one of you is just dying to walk me through.
    i've done all the proper setup stuff, by the way, and the test to determine the mike itself is working, etc. it's all good that way. but every time i try to activate the audio part of the conversation, a ZA firewall alert comes up.
    thanks in advance for the incredible help i always get from this site.

mezz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice