1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No audio when watching DVD movies on the computer?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SPL Tech, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

I am trying to play a DVD rip on my computer and I am not getting any audio. I have downloaded three DVD playing programs and none of them will play the audio. I have tried sticking in a DVD movie and once again I get no audio. However I have audio on all other types of video formats. WhatÂ’s going on?

2. necromantula

necromantula

>_> What DVD players are you trying? I always use Media Player Classic, and the Ace Mega Codecs Pack, or Combined Community Codec Pack (try google, i reccomend ACE). These will play most formats, and i had this problem, until i started using this

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You could try re-installing the sound drivers for your computer so they will work with all of the programs.

Also if this does not work check the options in the players that have no sound to see if there is any setting that might be blocking the sound from playing like line in not set right etc.

4. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

I have Easy DVD Player, Advanced DVD Player Pro, Artisan DVD Player and Windows Media Player.

Its not the audio drivers because I get audio on other video formats. But I am not even getting sound in WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER on DVD's. So its not the program. Especially when 4 programs do the same thing.

5. necromantula

necromantula

Yeah, i have tried all of those and none worked (Sans Windows Media Player but only after i installed Ace Mega Codecs Pack).
    How fast is your internet? are you able to download ~95 mb files? if so google for the Ace mega codec pack. otherwise CCCP-project.net has cccp which is about 7 mb i believe, but wont support ANYWHERE near as much as ACE

6. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

I have a T1 line worth of bandwidth.

7. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

Nevermind. I downloaded the ACE thingy and now I got audio. Thanks.

8. necromantula

necromantula

Alrighty then, here is the link for ACE mega, it is easy to install (i would reccomend the professional install when installing it) and choose "No codecs download for Windows Media Player".

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=1162&s=83

EDIT: Didnt get your newest posts

9. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

Thanks. But!

Every time I choose full screen in Windows Media Player I get black lines on the bottom and top of the video. I have a 16:10 wide screen monitor. How do I stretch the whole video to fill the entire screen?

10. necromantula

necromantula

Is the video distorted at all? if not then it is probably properly fit (as in the movie is 3:5 instead of the 4:5 that your monitor is) BTW: 16:10 reduces to 4:5

11. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

No the vide is not distorted but it does not fit the screen. Its like the video is "zoomed in" about 15%. Like when the "THX certified" thing came up on the video, the bottom lines that are in the THX logo did not show on the screen. They were cut off.

Is there a DVD player you would recommend to me that will play full screen movies and make them fit the whole screen that is free to download?

12. necromantula

necromantula

Try using Media Player Classic. it should have come with Ace Mega Codecs Pack. I have never had any problems with that

13. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

That one sucks. It does the same thing as the normal WIndows Media Player.

14. necromantula

necromantula

that is all i ever use. it isnt quite as begginner friendly (some options are more hidden than normal) but it has more features and can play DVDs better than WMP.

I have no reccomendations other than WinDVD but im not sure if that is free or not (its what my school's computers use to play DVDs)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/503549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice