No autorun request when cd loaded

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keohane2050

a computer whiz friend, who didn't like this feature removed it. How can I reinstate it. :rolleyes:

Have you tried right-clicking the drive in My Computer, choose Properties, and click the "Set to defaults" button in the "Auto Play" tab? (if you have Windows XP)

keohane2050

ItsPeet said:
Have you tried right-clicking the drive in My Computer, choose Properties, and click the "Set to defaults" button in the "Auto Play" tab? (if you have Windows XP)
I followed directions, there was no Auto Play tab. Only General, Tools, Hardware, Norton,Sharing and Quota.

keohane2050

norton850 said:
Go here and look under AutoPlay. There is more than one possible solution

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Found the entry with difficulty and changed it. No joy. I think either I'm giving wrong info or am being misunderstood. What I want to happen is: I put in a cd or DVD and it brings up a box asking what I want to do. eg. use Windows Media Player, use Nero etc. etc.

OK. When that box comes up you need to make a choice. Then in the bottom left corner of the dialogue box there is a small box to check if you want that action to be performed (like play audio cd with Windows Media Player) each time you insert that type of CD or DVD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online