1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no backgrounds visible

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jana_h, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jana_h

jana_h Thread Starter

Hi there. I sure hope this is a dumb question so that it has an easy answer! My problem is that the backgrounds do not show up on myspace on my dell laptop , running windows xp.:confused: This is firewalled, but I have tried turning off the firewall, and still no luck.:mad: Works fine on my old desktop, which has windows ME. Any suggestions to fix appreciated!:eek:

2. Sonny1st

Sonny1st

Need some clarification here. Are you talking about your desktop background or something actually on myspace.com?

3. jana_h

jana_h Thread Starter

Thanks for replying! And sorry, I'll be more clear...mostly it's the backgrounds on myspace. The words and pictures are there, but the backgrounds don't show up.... just blank on laptop with XP but work fine on old desktop with ME.

4. Sonny1st

Sonny1st

I'm not a member of myspace so I can't go into the site too far, but it appears they use a lot of Adobe Flash on their website. This is a browser plugin that is used to view moving images on different websites. If those are what you are talking about you can go to...
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ and download the flash plugin. If you are talking about not being able to see videos or other members pictures you will need to check with another member and see what player or format they are shown in and install that.

5. jana_h

jana_h Thread Starter

OK I'll try that! Thank you so much for answering. :D Jana

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/516128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice