No bcd registry found on GPT disk formatted by installer!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nilangshu

I recently partitioned my 500 GB SATA hard disk with GUID/GPT partition scheme for dual booting Mac OS Mountain Lion and Windows 7. Then I formatted the 150 GB GUID partition with 32 bit Windows 7 installer and installed win 7 on it. But the problem is that Windows 7 failed to installed service pack 1 through windows update. It generated error message that indicate it cannot locate the BCD registry for the partition. I tried to locate the BCD registry with help of EasyBCD and it didn't find any. Is there any way I could figure it out or I have to repartition the disk with mbr scheme?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online