1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No beep at post with new Asus P4P800?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chum, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Internal speaker is connected properly according to the manual...and the speaker worked with my old mobo...

Asus "no help" so far. Should I worry about this? The reason I ask is, "will I miss a critical system warning if the internal speaker does not work"?

The retailer said it does not work because I disabled onboard sound...sounded like a load of crap to me!:D

2. active95

active95

True.... should hear the beeps thru the internal speaker.. onboard will work if you are using the " POST Reportor " ( and if you have the P4P800 Deluxe version )
    And as long as it boots and runs stable i would not worry a bit.
    HTH

3. ilk

ilk

Hi again.

I'll bet there's something wrong with your board.
    Assuming you don't have the deluxe, you should get two beeps when you apply power, and a single beep post when you boot up. All through the internal speaker (It is connected to the right pins?)

The reason I'm suspicious is that I brought my first board back because the printer port wasn't working, and that kind of error never should have left the factory. So who knows?

4. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Got the beep working...I guess Asus (in this mobo, at least) turns off the beep when you enable quick boot in the BIOS, I disabled it, and right before "starting Windows 98" 1 beep!

At least I know it works now!:D

5. rikho

rikho

Hi, I just bought a P4P800 and got the same problem... Although I've already tried disabling Quickboot, no beep on boot. Even if I get the memory modules out, no sound comes out to warn me. The most incredible is this is the replacement since the first one got the same problem... Is there possible ASUS mobos are getting down on quality?!

6. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Are you using a speaker or a beeper?...mine would only work with a beeper.

7. dai

dai

some of the newer m/b put the beeps out through the s/card

8. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

You can also try reversing the plug. Unplug it turn it around 180 degrees and plug it back up. I don't know if it applies to internal speakers but it does to my HDD activity light on this asus.

9. rikho

rikho

Well I think my case has a beeper if you are refering to this kind of speaker found on some mobos (like ASUS A7S266).

10. rikho

rikho

For this mobo, I don't think so, since there are the connectors for the speakers... even if it is true, when I mounted it I forgot to connect the case speaker and didn't notice any sound from the onboard adapter...

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice