1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NO BIOS beep, computer wont boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PROJECT, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PROJECT

PROJECT Thread Starter

I have a computer that I am putting together and when I put in one power supply the cpu fan turns on by itself but no bios beep and no display on the monitor, when i put another power supply in and push the power button nothing happens, the power switch cable is in the right spot. I have the motherboard out of the case with just the cpu/ram/power supply hooked up to it, the mobo is lying on the static sheet so there is no possibility of it grounding out. I dont know what the hell is wrong. The mobo is a chaintech 7KJD, does anyone know if there is a special jumper that is protecting the CMOS that I am not seeing?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Firsly, "static sheets" can be very conductive. Thats how they equalise/dissipate static.

They are NOT an insulator in many cases!

3. suldog123

suldog123

I am making a cheap computer for some guy, and I put it together. I wouldnt post, the fans would go Drives would spin, but a blank screen. Now I can boot and post and get to XP, but if I shut it down, i have to wait for at least 15mins before it will boot correctly. Otherwise it just boots, and same thing occurs, blank screen, drives spin and all that stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jason

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    "suldog123" you may want to start a new post

can we have more info - model/make - have you checked grounds etc - tried it outside the box - minimum config etc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/235842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice